MONTREUX (FR. MONTREUKS) – CITY IN THE WEST OF SWITZERLAND, IN FRANKING LANGUAGE CANTON IN. SPA CITY IN SO SO-CALLED SWISS RIVIERA WITH A LOT OF HOTELS. MEETS THEIR JAZZ FESTIVAL THAT IS CONDUCTED FROM 1967 AND HELPS EACH YEAR IN EARLY JULY
Let us proceed to Montreux.
This is the place to learn:
• How was the famous “Smoke on the Water” song created?
• What song did Freddie Mercury dedicate to Montreux, and why was the monument to
Mercury set up here?
• How did Lord Byron make the castle famous?
• How did Vasily Zhukovsky in his turn glorify Lord Byron?
• What does the “Rite of Spring” ballet mean for Montreux?
• Why does Chanel №5 perfume have a Russian fragrance?
• Where was the best recording studio of the world located?
• Where did Petr Tchaikovsky find his inspiration?
You also will learn a lot about
• the daily routine of Vladimir Nabokov; and
• a curious story of Alexandre Dumas’s visit to Montreux.
Another thing to find out here is
• why “the show must go on”.
…and much more!